Monday 18 February 2013

Stocking of the eco-column

(ON BEHALF OF WARWICK REID)
Terra zone
I started by pacing fish gravel until it just covered the height of the lid.
I then mixed some potting soil with sandy soil to thicken it a bit
I the trans planted a succulent and weeds with a spoon digging hole and placing the roots and sand in hoping that I one died the other would live because they enjoy different conditions 
I then sprinkled some grass seeds on the soil.
I followed it up with some more potting soil to neaten it up.
I released about 25 ants into the zone.  
This was followed by a spider that was observed eating these ants.
                              
Decomp zone
I started by pacing fish gravel until it just covered the height of the lid.
 I then mixed some potting soil with a tiny amount of sandy soil to thicken it a bit.
I then miced some torn leaves into the sand
We cut some some fruit into small amounts and placed them on top of the sand.

Aqua zone
I filled the bottle up about half way with river water.
I then placed some water plants in the water from my fish tank. 




Water for the aqua zone:






2 comments: